Monday, November 03, 2008

Babies and death

I have been reminded again about the fragility of life. As more and more friends are losing babies, either by miscarriage or "freak genetic accidents" I find myself filled with the "why God" dilemma. While my son was ill, I took comfort in knowing that God was big and capable. I was able to rest in His love. It didn't mean that seeing my tiny little son sick with tubes everywhere didn't hurt more than childbirth, it just meant that the God of the universe was aching with me. And I rest in knowing that my good friend whose baby died due to a "freak genetic accident" is also not grieving alone. And my many friends who have "miscarried" (such a crappy term for the death of a baby) don't grieve alone either.
But, since the abortion bill legalizing abortion up to 24 weeks for any reason was passed, I am wondering more and more about why God would take the children that are wanted. Why are so many wanted babies dying? Why would He allow/cause this to happen? He is the one solely in control of the lives of these little ones and yet they are perishing and He does nothing...but weep. Forgive me God, but I don't want tears, I want these babies back. It feels so unfair that He has allowed abortions, but has taken the lives of so many babies that are loved by their parents. Children should not die. Caskets should not be made any smaller than 5 feet long, there should not be in existence a Children's Hospital, refuge, or safe-house. Children should be safe and loved, and be able to live from conception. So this is my petition to a God whom I KNOW loves us, Thank you for sharing our grief, but can we have Oliver, Amelie, Peme, Little McNaughton, and Tiny Rushworth back please?

1 comment:

SRLoftis said...

You made me want to cry... It's all just... Horrible. I hate to think about it, but it's just...
I think I agree with you.
Dite