Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sugar Scrubs

Due to High Altitude, freezing temps, and running heaters my skin is SUPER dry. The only thing that seems to allowing relief has been sugar scrubs. I wanted to put some of the recipes I've come up with here simply because it's fun. I am now a huge fan of them and they cost pennies when made from your cupboard.

Chai Tea Sugar Scrub
1/2 sugar (white or brown)
3 Tbsp oil (olive or coconut are awesome)

Mix together
Add:
1 Tbsp honey
contents of one Chai Tea bag

Store in water tight container. A great face and body scrub.
Be sure to rinse well as tea can settle in places you'd rather not have anything brewing!

Lemon Sugar Scrub

1/2 sugar
3 Tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
Peel of half lemon
-warm oil with peel and mix in sugar
Add:
juice of half lemon

Store in water tight container. Great for face and body.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can imagine how the chai one smells! Imagine no more, I'll be making some this arvo for sure. Miss you my friend xo

Lian said...

I miss you too. I was thinking about you when I made it. Somehow it just seemed very "Miss Cole-y".
-erk